Even my guacamole-hating husband loved this.
So I’m just sayin’…it’s pretty tasty.
I actually grew up eating guacamole that uses the little seasoning packet as the only flavor base – just avocados and the guacamole packet. Mash and eat.
I still don’t mind eating guacamole that way…I don’t discriminate. I love guac in all forms.
However, I will say that it is no match for this scratch made guacamole that uses fresh, vibrant ingredients!
Seth and I sat over the bowl and polished off half of it right then even though we were bringing it to a cook out later that night….whoops.
It’s okay, there was still enough left for everyone to have some :).
In Charlotte, our favorite thing when we went out to eat at a nice Mexican restaurant is when they had “table-side” guacamole that they would make right in front of you. It was so delicious because they used all fresh, ripe ingredients.
Most restaurants I’ve been to just use prepackaged guacamole, which really isn’t my favorite. I know earlier I said I don’t discriminate against any type of guacamole…but I am partially taking that statement back. As long as the guacamole uses fresh avocados, theeeeen I don’t discriminate. The prepackaged kind I’m not really a fan of. I think it’s a texture thing. The prepackaged guacs have no chunks of avocado and are kind of like a gummy puree.
If that’s all you’ve had in the past, you have got to try this stuff!!
Everything balances out so nicely and tastes a-ma-zing.
The creamy, ripe avocados are the perfect base, the lime juice makes everything fresh and bright (and keeps the dip from turning brown: bonus!), the jalapeno gives a little bit of spice, the red onion brings a sharp bite and some crunch, the garlic adds some extra depth of flavor and complexity, and the cilantro adds another note of flavor and freshness.
Everything combines to make some seriously amazing guacamole!
This is the perfect, fresh recipe for spring and summer!Print
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- 5 ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeno or 1 tablespoon, seeds and ribs removed, finely minced
- 1/2 red onion or 3/4 cup, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Salt to taste
- Cut the avocados in half and separate, remove the seed, and scoop out the meat into a medium bowl using a spoon
- Chop your jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, and garlic
- Add everything in with the avocados
- Squeeze in the lime juice and add salt
- Mash everything together with a fork – the consistency will depend on your preference. We like ours a little chunky.
- Taste and season with extra salt if needed
*Gluten free and vegan*
If you make this or any of my other recipes, make sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!