This eight ingredient dinner (not including whatever you serve it over) is not only incredibly easy to make, it is LOADED with flavor thanks to the garlic, shallot, ginger, lime zest, basil, and coconut milk. All of that goodness simmers together just until the chicken is cooked through, and it is pure heaven!
Since we were just doing whole 30, I served this with cauliflower rice, but I’ve made it before with regular white rice, and it was so delicious that way too!
Here’s the super quick and simple process:
- Saute the aromatics – the hitters this time are garlic, ginger, and shallot.
- Add your lime zest and let those oils release for a minute or two
- Stir in your coconut milk, basil, and chicken. Simmer until chicken is JUST cooked through.
- Add a slurry of arrowroot powder and water (optional) to thicken the sauce just *ever* so slightly
- Serve over cauli rice or regular rice!