Breakfast is a struggle. I’m almost never in the mood to cook anything legit when I wake up (unless it’s a weekend), I’m usually rushed to get out the door if we are going anywhere, and even if we aren’t going anywhere, I’m busy getting my son breakfast + taking care of him, so I rarely am able to throw down anything other than a quick bowl of cereal.
If your mornings look anything like that or if you are rushing to get off to work and love to take breakfast with you in the car, theeeesseee breakfast burritos are absolutely perfect for you! Sometimes breakfast burritos can be sketchy…they get really dry in the microwave and end up being packed full of super spongy, dry eggs. Blech. I’m weird about eggs in the first place, so I needed a breakfast burrito recipe that stayed yummy through freezing + microwaving.
These are absolutely perfect for that! I have made these more times than I can count…probably a hundred of these babies have cycled in and out of my freezer. They are super hearty, SUPER loaded up with delicious flavor, and super filling. Breakfast win…HARDCORE BREAKFAST WIN.
If you can’t tell in the picture above, these breakfast burritos are stuffed with waaaaay more than just eggs. That’s why they stay moist. Between the cheese, hash browns, and sausage, the eggs have lots of little buddies and don’t get dry and gross in the microwave.
So – how do we make these delicious little breakfast burritos?
- Bake your hash browns until they’re golden brown and crispy
- Saute your breakfast sausage until it’s perfectly browned and then set it aside in a big bowl
- Add your eggs to the same pan and cook them until they’re just set but still moist and add them to the same bowl with the pork
- Stir in your hash browns when they are done + some cheese
- Stuff each tortilla with about 1/2 cup of filling, roll ’em up, and freeze ’em!