It is SO easy to make and absolutely delicious.
The spice rub browns in the pan and becomes this crispy, flavor bomb coating on the outside of the salmon that pairs perfectly with the refreshing lime cream that gets drizzled on top.
It is seriously a match made in heaven!
When Seth tried this he said it was one of the best things I’ve ever made…ever…so we will definitely be adding this to our meal rotation!
There are a lot of salmon haters out there (I used to be one of them), and I think that’s the case because it’s not uncommon for salmon to just turn out bland and so overcooked.
This salmon is definitely not bland, and a quick sear on both sides will leave you with a crispy exterior, and a juicy, tender interior.
You have to try it!!
So a few posts ago I talked about how Seth and I are moving to Kansas in a few weeks and mentioned the townhouse we will probably get on base. Before we found any of that out, Seth and I were reaaaalllyy looking forward to having a house of our own. We have only ever lived in apartments, and we were really excited to have a house and a yard for Boone. So when we found out we were getting an apartment style home we were both a little disappointed. We tried to stay really positive about it, but we were really wanting a stand alone house!
When I was on the phone with the housing company, I told them that we would prefer a stand alone house. I said if nothing else opened up before June 25th then we would be totally fine with the apartment style house, but just asked her to just keep us in mind if anything else opens up.
And then on Thursday morning I missed a call from the housing people (I was so mad I missed it!), and they left a voicemail saying that something opened up and we might be able to get a stand alone house!! Wooooooooooooooooo!
I tried calling her back like 6 times throughout the day (it was actually 6 times….they probably hate me), but couldn’t get a hold of her. They won’t be back in the office until Tuesday…!!!
So keep your fingers crossed for us!
And make this salmon :).
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- A few pinches of cayenne (more or less depending on spice preference)
- 3 salmon fillets
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lime, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- Combine all the spices and salt together in a small bowl and mix until combined
- Sprinkle at least ½ teaspoon on each side of the salmon
- Heat a saute pan with some coconut oil (olive oil can be substituted) over medium high heat
- When the pan is hot, add the salmon fillets
- Sear the salmon until it is brown, turn and sear the other side
- Remove from the pan
- For the lime cream:
- In a bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, and honey
- Drizzle on top of each salmon fillet and top with extra lime zest (optional)
If you make this or any of my other recipes, make sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
Want more yummy seafood recipes? Check these out!