WOW – it has been a while, internet fam. Since the week before Thanksgiving, I have posted one recipe on the blog! Between family being here for Thanksgiving and Christmas (which was time I intended to take off work), the weeks in between were a giant blur of sickness and lots of sleep-hating babies. Well, just one in particular 🙂.
I wasn’t planning on ghosting the blog for an entire month, BUT – sometimes life just gets in the way and tiny humans take precedence. But here we are! And it’s almost the new year, and I’m super excited to kick of 2020 and have it be an amazing year!
A year full of fun times, people, and good food. Why not kick the good food part off early with this taco soup?
This is officially a recipe so easy that it doesn’t even deserve to be called “a recipe.” You don’t even do anything. You shred a rotisserie chicken and that’s the extent of your prep work, and it GIVES ME LIFE.
In fact, the 25 minute cook time is even a stretch. It really depends on how aggressive you are with your rotisserie chicken…maybe you can knock that bad boy out in 5 minutes, and if so, you’re lookin’ at a 20 minute dinner fam.
Here’s what we’ve got:
- Chicken broth
- Black beans
- Canned green chilis
- Frozen corn
- Rotisserie chicken
- Chili powder + cumin
- Lime zest (optional)
And here’s the dump and go part – you quite literally take all those ingredients, throw them in a pot, bring the soup to a simmer, and simmer for 15 minutes. That’s it byeeeee.
While that’s happening, get your toppings ready – my personal faves are shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, and some crunched up tortilla chips. Maybe some cilantro too if you’re feeling like chopping one thing for dinner.
And that’s it! Ladle your soup, be liberal with your toppings, and dinner is ready in 25. Whew – just the MOST perfect for busy week nights or for people who don’t love cooking!Print
25 Minute Dump and Go Taco Soup
This super quick and simple dinner is perfect for busy week nights! It’s fast, healthy, and delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 can rotel, not drained
- 1 4 oz can green chilis, not drained
- 2 cups frozen corn (fresh works too)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Zest from 1 lime (optional)
- Lots of toppings! Suggestions: avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, crushed tortilla chips
- Add all the ingredients (except for the toppings) to a large pot, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer over high heat
- Reduce to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the 15 minutes are up, stir in your lime zest (if using) and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Ladle soup into bowls and top liberally with your toppings!
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 590 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 39 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to tag @thegarlicdiaries on Instagram so I can see!