Say hello to your brand new weeknight favorite, friends and family! This chicken is a super sneaky weeknight meal because it’s one that doesn’t taste like it took half an hour to make! Not. At. All.
The chicken is juicy and moist (not to mention super flavorful from the blackening seasoning), and the chimichurri is crazy flavorful and impossibly fresh. They are a match made in heaven!
The combination between the heavily seasoned, warm chicken and the fresh, bright, cold chimichurri is too good for words.
Have you ever had chimichurri sauce before? It’s one of my favorite sauces because it requires zero cooking and not many ingredients. All you do is finely mince a bunch of parsley and a few cloves of garlic, and then stir that together with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
Done! So simple!
The way we cook the chicken in this recipe is my tried and true, never-waver-from-it, absolute favorite way to cook chicken ever (unless the grill is available, but…winter).
It’s simple and perfect every time. In a really hot pan, sear the chicken for 3 minutes a side and then pop the whole pan into a 425 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Doneskies. You’ll never look back!Print
This whole 30, paleo, and keto approved chimichurri chicken is such a wonderful weeknight meal! Easy and healthy, this will be a new family fave!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or regular butter)
- 3/4 cups FINELY minced parsley, measure after chopping (ends up being about 1 large bunch or 2 small bunches)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Combine all your seasonings in a small bowl and stir to combine
- Season both sides of your chicken with salt and pepper and then rub your seasoning mix evenly(ish) onto both sides of each chicken breast
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium high with your butter and several swirls (about a tablespoon) of olive oil or avocado oil
- When very hot, add your chicken and sear for 3 minutes on each side
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes (8 for small-medium chicken breasts, 10 for large)
- Meanwhile, prep your parsley and garlic and add to a medium bowl with your olive oil and red wine vinegar. Stir together and season to taste
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes when it comes out of the oven, and then top with your chimichurri and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast, 1/3 of chimichurri
- Calories: 676
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 203 mg
- Fat: 44 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 83 g
- Cholesterol: 153 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and tag @thegarlicdiaries on Instagram so I can see!