Bacon! I love bacon.
I think everyone loves bacon.
It’s delicious and crispy and salty and perfect.
But thiiiis bacon takes regular bacon and slaps it in the face.
The combination of salty and sweet is one of those classic things that everyone loves – it’s the perfect pairing of flavor. It’s why the world is obsessed with salted caramel right now – salty and sweet, people! Salty. And. Sweet.
Doesn’t get much better than that.
And that is the reason why this bacon is so dang good! You get the delicious salty, smoky flavor from the bacon, a little kick from the pepper, and a sweet, maple-y crunch from the caramelized brown sugar.
It’s also the easiest recipe ever because you bake the bacon in the oven – no burned hands and grease splattered kitchen for you!
This bacon would be perfect along side your eggs or pancakes for breakfast, and it would also be a huge hit for brunch! Or breakfast for dinner…or snack in the middle of the day… :).
Happy Friday, by the way! We are waking up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and driving to Savannah, Georgia to photograph our friends’ wedding. Savannah is one of the most gorgeous places in America – all that Spanish Moss hanging from the tree branches. It is so beautiful! Such an amazing place to get married.
So we are going to stay there Saturday night and head back on Sunday.
Boone is going to be one happy dude all weekend too because Seth and I are one of those couples that spend 98.4% of our paycheck on our dog and let him stay at the “Doggie Daycare” places when we go out of town. That way he can play all day with other dogs and not be in his crate the whole time.
He is so spoiled.
But come on…look at this sweet face.
He looks so wise and regal in this picture…in actuality he is pretty much the derpiest, goofiest dog ever.
Who, by the way, loved this bacon as well. He got a small corner piece. And then a bacon grease soaked paper towel from the trash…sigh.
Mmm, salty and sweet. I love, love, love this bacon! I hope you all have an amazing weekend!!
- 10 pieces of bacon
- 5 teaspoons of brown sugar (1/2 teaspoon per piece)
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Lay your bacon out on a baking sheet. Don't overlap the pieces, leave a little space in between each one
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Take the bacon out of the oven and sprinkle each piece with a little black pepper
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of brown sugar onto each piece and, using the back of your measuring spoon, spread the brown sugar around each slice so it is relatively even
- Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes
- When the bacon is done, remove the pieces from the baking sheet and let them drain over several layers of paper towel
If you make this or any of my other recipes, make sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!