Everyone, meet the mother of all salads. Mother of all salads, meet everyone. This salad covers every base you could ever dream of a salad covering! We’ve got the rich meatiness from the salmon, the hearty, satisfying roasted veggies, the toasty crunch from the almonds, and the peppery bite from the arugula. It checks every textural block that a salad can possibly check, giving you THE perfect bite with every fork full.
Then, to top it all off, we have complex, painfully delicious apple cider vinaigrette that coats everything like a warm hug. There’s olive oil in there, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and a healthy squeeze of dijon mustard. It. is. HEAVEN.
It’s also one of those meals that just comes together seamlessly and doesn’t make it so that you have a million things going on at once. First you work on the veggies. Get those diced, prepped, and thrown in the oven. While the veggies are roasting, whisk together your dressing so the flavors can set up for a little bit.
Brush some dijon mustard and olive oil on your salmon, and season it up with salt and pepper. When there’s fifteen minutes left on your veggies, pop your salmon onto that sheet pan and let it cook for those final fifteen minutes while your veggies finish getting roasty and delicious.
In those final fifteen minutes, get your almonds toasted and your greens in the salad bowl. By the time everything’s ready to go, your veggies and salmon will be perfectly done!
Let those cool for a hot minute so everything’s not piping hot on your greens, and DEVOUR WITH INTENSITY.
The combination of all these flavors, you guys. It’s too good for words. It’s everything a salad could and should be. And it’s easy, healthy, and SO SATISFYING. Get on it and make your #saladgoals come to life. Please and thank you? Word.
So this past weekend was my future sister-in-law’s bachelorette party. We went to a beach in North Carolina, and can we just talk about how much the beach rocks my pants off?
Those relaxing, beach bum-y vibes give me liiiiffeeee. The weather was perfect (for the most part) and we were able to just lay out on that warm sand and soak up all that relaxing goodness. It was glorious.
It didn’t hurt that one of the bridesmaids works in the wine industry and brought a TON of different bottles for Mary (my sister-in-law) to taste for the reception. And because I’m such a selfless person, I helped her taste all of them and make her decisions. I know…what can I say? I’m a giver.
So now we are back home to reality, which I love because I missed my kiddos, but it was also such a wonderful, sunny, relaxing, wine tasting filled weekend.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too filled with (maybe) some sunny days! Get this salmon in your life this week, friends.Print
Sheet Pan Roasted Salmon and Veggie Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 salmon fillets
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 beets, peeled and diced
- 2 3/4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 cups arugula
- 3 cups spring green mix
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, add your parsnips and beets. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the veggies and season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss in the bowl to fully coat all the veggies in olive oil + seasonings
- Spread all the veggies out onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and toss, and bake for another 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all your dressing ingredients together and whisk to combine
- After you make your dressing, prep your salmon. Combine 3/4 teaspoon of dijon mustard and your remaining 3/4 teaspoon of olive oil in a small bowl. Brush this evenly over the tops of your salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper
- When there is 15 minutes remaining on your veggies, remove the sheet pan from the oven, scoot your veggies over, place your salmon fillets on the baking sheet, and let that all bake together for the last 15 minutes
- In these final 15 minutes, toast your almonds in a saute pan over medium heat until golden and toasty, and add your greens to a large salad bowl
- To assemble, dress your greens and toss to combine. Lay the greens out evenly on three plates, and top with the salmon, 1/3 of your roasted veggies (let the veggies and salmon cool down for a few minutes after coming out of the oven), and 1/3 of your toasted almonds
This recipe is 8 Freestyle SmartPoints per serving!
- Serving Size: 1/3 greens, 1/3 veggies, 1/3 almonds, 1 salmon fillet
- Calories: 417
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 216 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 63 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries so I can see!
In the mood for more yummy salmon recipes? Check these out: