Okay, firstly – this recipe takes two seconds to make.
Secondly, it is ridiculously delicious, satisfying, creamy, saucy, hearty, flavorful, and perfect in every way.
Thirdly, it is the biggest busy weeknight win comin ‘atcha in 2019. It’s done within half an hour and will be a huge hit with the entire fam. If you want to be even more of a rock star, you’ll pop a side salad into this situation as well to freshen things up, but either way…you’re killin’ it with this one, friends.
What can I even say about this to describe its awesomeness accurately? It only takes five ingredients to make (not counting olive oil, salt, and pepper), two pans, and only half an hour of your evening. On top of that, it’s just plain yummy. It’s a little reminiscent of a hamburger helper type scenario, which you’re not going to find me complaining about, because I can get down on some hamburger helper, yo.
Let’s talk details here. What do we have going on in this skillet of delicious comfort?
- Ground beef
- Tomato sauce
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar
That’s it. You get your pasta cooking, brown your beef, add the tomato sauce, let that simmer down while the pasta cooks. When the pasta is done, drain it, remove the beef + sauce from the heat, and stir in your cream cheese and cheddar. When that’s perfectly melted and delicious, stir in your pasta, and humbly enter the weeknight dinner hall of fame.
Go ahead and give yourself a sturdy pat on the back, because you deserve it. High five, internet friend ✋.Print
Creamy Beef and Shells
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (about 1/2 of a box – we used shells, but any pasta will work)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Bring a pot of salted water (it should taste like the ocean) to a boil. When boiling, add your pasta
- Meanwhile, add your ground beef to a large skillet over medium high heat with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook until well browned
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in your tomato sauce. Season to taste and let simmer until the pasta is done cooking
- When the pasta is done, drain it in a colander and set aside
- Remove the meat + sauce from the heat and let cool for a minute or two. Stir in your cream cheese and cheddar
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in your cooked pasta. Serve!
- Serving Size: 1 packed cup
- Calories: 512
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 767 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 106 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
In the mood for more yummy pasta recipes? Check these out: