Would you believe me if I told you that there are only five ingredients in this soup, that it takes approximately 1 shred of effort to make, and that the bulk of it is squash?! You might believe it by just looking at it, but you definitely wouldn’t believe it after tasting it!
This is the perfect soup to make for guests because it’ll seem and taste very fancy and luxurious, and no one has to know that it was insanely easy and took you less effort than blow drying your hair after a shower.
- Squash (helloooooo)
- Canned coconut milk
- Curry powder
Here’s all you have to do: saute the shallot and garlic in some oil. When softened, add your squash and curry powder + salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes. Add in your coconut milk + more salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender.
Bing, bang, bong – you’ve got AMAZING coconut squash soup! So, so easy. And I’m telling you guys, it is so crazy good for how few ingredients are in here.
It’s the power of coconut milk. Coconut milk is probably in my top 5 favorite things to cook with. It does magical things to food. It adds a rich, creamy element that I’ve only been able to mimic with dairy, so for dairy-free peeps – this is YOUUUU.
I honestly prefer coconut milk to dairy, especially in Asian dishes. It adds such amazing flavor. LOVE.
You need this in your life, people!Print
Coconut Squash Soup (Keto, Whole 30)
This 5 ingredient soup is keto, whole 30, and paleo approved!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- 1 shallot, minced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 squash, halved and then sliced into half moons
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cans coconut milk
- In a large pot over medium – medium high heat, add some avocado oil (coconut or olive oil work too). When hot, add your shallot and garlic + some salt and pepper. Stir and saute until fragrant and slightly softened
- Add your squash and curry powder, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add your coconut milk, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer
- Simmer for 15 minutes and then puree with an immersion blender
- Season to taste and serve!
If you don’t have an immersion blender, a regular blender or food processor would work, and you would just puree in batches!
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 50 g
- Fat: 36 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
I haven’t made this yet. I was wondering what type of squash to use for this recipe
Annie Chesson says
Hey Diana! Use yellow summer squash :).