This recipe is so easy. You literally cook chicken, put some stuff on top of it, cook it again, and eat it. Done.
HOWEVER…I will say that though this recipe is easy, I had one of those days where everything went wrong for a few hours. I was cooking this recipe and two others at the same time for my blog, cut my hand three different times on chickpea can lids (those things are freaking dangerous), made one fail recipe that I will obviously not be posting, and broke my camera by shoving in the USB connecter cord too hard. Then I had to drive to Best Buy and spend FORTY dollars on a CF card reader so I didn’t have to buy a whole new camera….
So let’s just hope that it won’t be quite as stressful for you when you are making this recipe.
Which it shouldn’t be…because, like I said, this recipe is crazy easy.
You start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Heat some oil in a pan over medium-medium high heat and season both sides of your chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Place your chicken breasts in your hot pan!
And let them cook until one side of your chicken is nice and golden brown. Like this:
And then two slices of FRESH mozzarella.
Drizzle about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over everything and pop it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees. I actually just stuck my meat thermometer in one of the chicken breasts before I put them in the oven and kept in there. I periodically opened the oven door and read the meat thermometer. This way I was able to take it out right when it reached 165!
While your chicken is in the oven, chiffonade 10 basil leaves (roll the leaves up in the shape of a hot dog and thinly slice them).
Add a little extra salt and pepper to your finished chicken, 1/2 tablespoon of balsamic, and your fresh basil. And that’s it!
Here is the recipe:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tomato
- 1 8oz ball of fresh mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper
- 10 basil leaves
- 1½ tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a pan over medium-medium high heat with a little bit of olive oil
- Season both sides of your chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- Once the pan is hot, add your chicken breasts
- Cook until one side is golden brown, and then flip the chicken over
- Place 2 slices of tomatoes and two slices of fresh mozzarella on top of each chicken breast
- Drizzle one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over everything
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees
- Take the pan out of the oven, sprinkle on a little more salt and pepper, drizzle on another ½ tablespoon of balsamic, and add your fresh basil