There is a secret ingredient in this recipe that will make it the easiest focaccia bread you have ever made or ever will make for the rest of your entire life.
Store bought pizza dough!
I literally preheated the oven, rolled out some dough, chopped garlic and rosemary, drizzled some olive oil, and that’s it. No mixing, no kneading, no resting.
Now if you would rather make your own pizza dough (which is one of my all time favorite things to make, I find it very entertaining) then by all means, go for it. But if you want the best shortcut ever, just buy some at the store. It’s super cheap by the way. I think mine was $1.50. So all you do for this incredibly simple recipe is preheat your oven to 400 degrees and roll out a pound of pizza dough into a “rectangle”…it doesn’t have to be perfect. If you mess up you can just call it rustic ;).
Then sprinkle on three cloves of chopped garlic, one teaspoon of chopped rosemary, and some olive oil. I didn’t measure the olive oil because it really doesn’t matter how much you put on. Just make sure the top is very moistened with oil. Once all three of those ingredients are on there, use your fingers to press into the dough and make little indentations all across the top. It should look like this:
So I went with a thinner focaccia and rolled it out to be about an inch thick. If you want thicker focaccia, just don’t roll it out quite as thin. But really…you can’t mess this up.
Pop it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown on the top!
All done! See? Easiest thing ever.
Here is the recipe:Print
30 Minute Garlic Rosemary Focaccia
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 1 pound pizza dough (you can definitely use store bought)
- Olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out your pizza dough into a rectangle (for a thinner focaccia, roll it out to be about 1 inch thick, for thicker, do at least 2 inches thick)
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Finely chop your garlic and rosemary and sprinkle it over the dough
- Drizzle the top of the dough with olive oil until it is very moistened
- Using your fingers, press into the dough so it is has indentations all over the top
- Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top of the bread is golden brown
Leave a Reply