These pizzas are insane. Mainly thanks to the combination of two things: one – they are SO easy to make and take SO little time to prep, and two – the flavors happening here are so complex and deep. We have a lot of different things happening, and they all work together to form THE most delicious bite!
It’s the perfect weeknight meal, it’s meatless if you’re trying to get your budget down or decrease the amount of meat in your diet, and it’s such a fun and unique meal to throw in and add some variety to your weekly routine!
There are three main elements to discuss here that make this pizza so crazy special:
- The base: we infuse olive oil with garlic and a pinch of pepper flakes to bring the first layer of depth. We brush this infused oil on the crust (which just so happens to be store-bought naan – SO EASY) and it brings a subtle but delicious background flavor to the finished pizza.
- The toppings: blue cheese and pear – simple, but a delicious combo. The blue cheese is sharp and has a strong bite, and the pear is sweet and mild. They’re a great match!
- The black pepper honey. We simmer together honey and black pepper for like ten seconds, throw in the garlic cloves from the infused oil, and let that “steep” while the pizzas are in the oven, and then we drizzle that liberally on top of the finished pizzas. The honey is really the key to making this pizza as delicious as it is. The blue cheese needs that sweet honey to balance out its bite, and the pepper brings a note of complexity that plays wonderfully off the sweet pear and honey + the sharp blue cheese.
IT’S A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!
A few things to note here:
- Even though there are a few different elements going on, the prep is still so fast and easy! The infused oil cooks lightly away while you’re slicing your pear and getting your baking sheet set out and ready. The assembly of the pizzas takes two minutes, and the black pepper honey comes together in seconds while your pizzas bake!
- Blue cheese. I know this is a controversial ingredient, and I’m not usually the biggest fan. I like it in verrryyy particular situations. It’s growing on me as I eat it more and more, but I still hate cobb salad because of the blue cheese, so it doesn’t naturally thrill me! It’s got to be paired with the right ingredients for me to enjoy it. So if you’re a blue cheese skeptic, this might be a fun recipe for you to try! The pear and honey really pair well with the cheese and mild it out a bit.
Such a fun, quick, and easy weeknight meal!Print
Pear, Blue Cheese, and Honey Pizzas
This is such an easy and quick dinner, but it feels so fun and fancy when you’re eating it!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
For the pizzas
- 4 naan rounds (the larger oval ones)
- 1–2 bosc pears, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, plus extra to sprinkle
For the infused oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
For the honey
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- In a small pan, add your oil, garlic, and pepper flakes over medium heat. Let it simmer lightly, stirring occasionally, until the garlic has turned deeply golden brown on both sides and the oil is fragrant. Set aside
- Meanwhile, prep your pears and line your baking sheet with parchment paper. I could only fit 2 naan on my baking sheet at a time, so I had to bake in batches. Lay your naan out on the baking sheet.
- Brush your infused oil generously on top of the naan, top with about 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles, and lay your pear slices across the top of the blue cheese. Sprinkle a few extra blue cheese crumbles over top of the pear – about a tablespoon
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with black pepper. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until the edges of the crust are golden brown and the cheese is melted (12 minutes was perfect in my oven)
- Meanwhile, add your honey and black pepper to a small pot. Bring to a simmer, let simmer for just about 5 seconds or so, and then transfer to a small bowl. Add the garlic cloves that you infused in the oil, and let that all sit to cool and “steep” while your pizzas bake
- When your pizzas come out of the oven, drizzle about 1/4 of the honey on top of each pizza, and you’re ready to serve!
If the honey gets too thick by the time you’re ready to serve, just microwave it for about 5 seconds to thin it out a bit so you can drizzle easily!
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Calories: 617
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 852 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 70 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and tag @thegarlicdiaries so I can see!