Starting it off on the happiest, cutest note with this little babes 👆🏼😍
Happy end of February/beginning of March, everybody!! Woooohoooo this means spring and warm weather are almost here!!!!! **Violently shoves sweaters and pants into back of closet and pulls out shorts and t-shirts** I’m only mildly excited for some outside time.
This has been a CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY month, people. Mostly it has been summed up byyyy:
The House Drama Continues
Read this for some background if you haven’t already. We are close-ish to nearing the end but still not actually that close at all and some of the most hard-worky parts are yet to come. We decided to get our entire house repiped to avoid more pipe issues in the future, so that repiping is done! They just finished last week. The first step of our DIY drywall repair is done! But, still to come: two more weekends of drywall: i.e. mudding, letting it dry, and sanding (which creates a layer of drywall dust on every surface of the house – yay), and floor repair from the initial leak. Haven’t gotten that one on the schedule yet, which is kind of frustrating, and we will have to move out again for a week when that’s happening.
So, yeah. FUN STUFF!!! Seth and I have talked about the fact that we need to have some giant celebration when this is all over, because it has been QUITE the pain in the butt.
But – on the flip side, some cool things about it too! We didn’t end up spending nearly as much as we thought, an awesome friend and drywall expert came through to help us DIY the drywall repair, saving us tons of $$$, and it’s really given us an opportunity to trust that things will work out and not stress about things that don’t reaaallllyyy matter. Floors, walls, money, material things? Don’t matter. Family, friends, safety, experiences? Do matter. So it’s given us opportunities to remember that and put it into practice…i.e. not let this drama spin our minds into constant stress and overwhelmed mode and steal the joy from our life! For the most part, it hasn’t gotten to us too much. So that part has been good!
The other big thing to announce this month…👇🏼
Baby Number 3!!!
Seth and I are due with our third little one in July, aaannnnddd IT’S A GIRL!!!! We were waiting to announce the pregnancy publicly until we knew the gender so we could just announce everything in one swoop, and we are SO EXCITED to share that it’s a little girl! I love my boys more than life itself, but my heart has been wanting a girl so, so, SO deeply.
Other Fun Little February Happenings
- Boys’ first dentist! Ford crushed it, stayed still, and kept his mouth open the whole time like a little angel toddler. Colt let them brush his teeth but then was like “naaahhhhh, fam” after that. We will try again in six months, 😂.
- NEW PARK DOWN THE STREET. Y’all. The playground of dreams just finished construction 5 minutes down the road from my house. It is the coolest playground I’ve ever seen, GIANT, and totally fenced in. Moms across a 10 mile radius are celebrating as one. It’s like playground cocaine for kids.
- Valentine’s Day! Such a fun one this year. We went to a super delicious Italian restaurant for dinner, and I surprised Seth with a hotel after that instead of going back home. My dad watched the kids overnight, and we slept in, had breakfast out, and lazily made our way back home the next morning. SO fun.
- Colt’s first snow! Ford experienced a few snows when we still lived in Kansas. Snow is so magical, especially in NC/SC when you don’t get it often. I loved watching the boys experience it!
On The Blog in February
Not a whoooole bunch went live this past month since February was a massive dumpster fire of house chaos, but we did have a few posts, and they were all DELISH with a capital D:
- THE BEST Italian Roasted Potatoes
- Whole 30 Coconut Curry Ramen
- Pear, Blue Cheese, and Black Pepper Honey Pizzas
What to Make in March
Let’s base it off what’s in season!
I hope you guys had an awesome February and have the BEST March!!