I’m about to throw an insanely complicated dinner at you right here. Strap in for the steps, prepare yourselves:
- Slice a few peppers and an onion
- Toss with olive oil and seasonings
- Crosshatch your peppers
I know…DAUNTING. Jk, legit this is the easiest dinner I’ve ever made. I almost feel bad even posting it as a “recipe” – it feels unfair to even call it that 😬. But ALAS – ushering in a new period of easy dinners or dinners with easy preps. And this is the epitome of that, fam.
One HUGE reason we love this meal so much is because of the chicken sausage that we always use in it. This isn’t even about to be a brand sponsorship, I just love using this chicken sausage. And HUGE BONUS: I can find it at Costco. Aka have it bulk in my freezer for whenever I need an easy weeknight win!
The brand is Aidells and the flavor is Chicken and Apple – I’ll attach a picture below. It’s very easy to find – it has become a grocery store staple!
If for some reason you can’t find it, you can use any other type of sausage or chicken sausage. But this is our fave – highly recommend!
To make this super extra easy, I do some nap time prep. While the kids are down, I slice the veggies and crosshatch the sausage and pop that in a tupperware. When it’s time to make dinner, I toss the veggies in olive oil, oregano, and garlic powder and dump them out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top with the sausage and roast!
Seriously, it’s the easiest. And my kids are into it too. Well…maybe not so much the peppers and onions, but the sausage is 👌🏻. Ford might take a few bites of the veggies. Colt might lick a pepper and then become deeply offended by its presence on his plate 🤷🏻♀️.
Such a win, you guys! You’ll love this simple recipe.Print
Chicken Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
THE ultimate easy weeknight dinner! Dump, season, and roast – that’s as complicated as it gets! The chicken sausage is juicy and crisp on the outside, the veggies are tender, it’s a home run!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 packs Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage, (8 sausages)
- 2 large bell peppers, any colors, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl, add your peppers and onions. Add your olive oil, oregano, garlic powder + salt and pepper and toss to combine until everything is evenly coated.*
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, dump out your seasoned peppers and onions
- With a small knife, cut shallow cross hatches across the top of all your sausages (optional, but it adds extra crispy surface area)
- Lay out your sausages on top of your veggies, pop in the oven, and roast for 25 minutes
Earlier in the day or night before prep: Slice your veggies and place in a tupperware. Cross hatch your sausages and place in a tupperware. When ready to cook, all you’ll have to do is season, toss, and roast!
We usually serve this with rice for a full meal!
*You can do step 2 on the baking sheet and just drizzle, season, and toss there, but I find the bowl toss step makes the process even easier.
- Serving Size: 2 sausages, 1/4 of the veggies
- Calories: 462
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 1285 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 170 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and tag @thegarlicdiaries so I can see!