Right now my weather app says it is 96 degrees outside but feels like 106.
My first question is, how can they measure how hot it “feels?”
I guess I don’t have a second question. The point is…it’s hot.
Which is why this cold, fresh, healthy frozen yogurt is so perfect right now!
This recipe today was originally supposed to be chocolate cashew butter.
Why did I not post said chocolate cashew butter?
Because it was prooooobably one of the worst things I have ever made.
Like…a major fail recipe.
Even Seth, who usually pretends to like my fail recipes and eats them anyway said it wasn’t good.
But hey! It’s okay. That has happened to me many times before. Trial and error, people! Trial. And. Error.
You know that phase on pinterest kiiind of recently when everyone was making “Ice Cream” using only frozen bananas? Whoops…I totes jumped on that bandwagon.
Well this is similar to that, but instead of tasting like ice cream, it tastes just like homemade frozen yogurt! Bright, tangy, creamy. Who knew you could take frozen chunks of fruit and blend them into a creamy consistency. Thank you food processors!
So here’s the deal with this frozen “yogurt:”
Throw some strawberries into a food processor.
Blend for several minutes until the strawberry dust starts to melt a little and becomes creamy strawberry frozen yogurt.
Add in honey.
Blend for longer.
Just go ahead and finish the whole thing off.
Now I will tell you this – for a little while there it’s going to look a tad bit hopeless and you will wonder if your strawberry dust will ever actually turn into this creamy consistency.
But it will! It takes a little longer to happen then the frozen banana ice cream.
Depending on how sweet your frozen strawberries are, you will need more or less honey. Mine were TAN-GYYY so I used a pretty decent amount. But sometimes you can get some really, really deliciously sweet strawberries and you will need less honey.
Pop these two ingredients into a food processor and say hello to your beautiful summer snack/dessert/breakfast/lunch/brunch/midnight snack/….any other meal of the day
Happy Tuesday, everyone!Print
2 Ingredient, 5 Minute Strawberry Frozen “Yogurt”
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1-2 servings 1x
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon honey + more to taste
- Add the strawberries to your food processor
- Blend until the strawberries have become strawberry “dust”
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the food processor and continue to blend
- Scrape down the sides about every 30 seconds and continue to blend until the strawberries have come together in a creamy consistency
- Add the honey and blend for another 30 seconds or until the honey is incorporated
- Taste and add more honey if needed
- You can serve right away for a soft serve consistency, or you can let harden in the freezer for a while
*This recipe is gluten free*
If you make this or any other recipe, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
Want more dessert recipes? Check these out: