Hi there, summer – nice to bump into you again! I’m looking forward to spending the next several weeks enjoying you before the lovely fall season begins to creep in 😍!
This recipe is basically a summer celebration. Why? First of all: we grill the steak. What screams summer more than grilling? Secondly, apricots. Apricots are in season right now, and they are tart, sweet, soft little gems that need to be all up in yo kitchen, STAT.
The flank steak is COVERED in the best spice rub ever and then grilled to medium rare perfection. And then – the summer star – it is piled high with apricot salad.
Super simple, very little prep, but SO GOOD. It is:
- Slightly sweet
- Fresh and bright
- A teensy bit spicy (hi, chili flakes 👋)
Heaven. A bite of the boldly spiced steak + the tender, tangy, bright/slightly sweet apricot salad? Mhm – YES HONEY.
Let’s talk a little bit of details on this salad. What do we have to do to make this happen? Allow me to explain.
- Chop your apricots. Get that pit out of there and go to TOWN. Nice and thin.
- Parsley! Mince it. Finely!
- Add the apricots and parsley to a bowl and then lovingly drizzle over some honey and avocado oil (or another unflavored oil) + some lime juice, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Stir and taste. Stir and taste. Repeat while playing summery music in the background with the windows open while sipping lemonade. All of those things are required.
LOAAAAD it on top of your grilled steak! All the yes.Print
Grilled Flank Steak with Apricot Salad
Boldly spiced flank steak piled high with fresh, slightly sweet, slightly spicy apricot salad! Summer on a plate!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
For the apricot salad
- 5 apricots, halved, pits removed, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil (or another unflavored oil)
- 1 lime, juiced
- A few pinches red pepper flakes
For the steak
- 1 flank steak (mine was a little over 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon spice rub
- Add all of the apricot salad ingredients to a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Season to taste and set aside
- Season your flank steak liberally on both sides with salt. Evenly distribute your rub across both sides and rub into the meat
- Heat your grill over medium high heat. When hot, grill your flank steak for 4 – 6 minutes on each side (or until medium rare). Rest for at least five minutes and then serve. Top with apricot salad!
Spice rub recipe is linked in the ingredient list, but if it’s not working for you, go to thegarlicdiaries.com and search “spice rub” to find the recipe!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of flank steak and 1/4 of salad
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and tag @thegarlicdiaries so I can see!