If you don’t want to dive face first into this bowl, all spoons remaining safely in their drawers, then who even are you?
It looks like brownie batter, it’s smooth like brownie batter, it’s chocolatey and rich like brownie batter, but – BAM – surprise, it’s hummus! Like, as in it’s made with chickpeas. 👆🏼 That right there is. What alternate universe have we stepped into here?
Whatever it is, I’m here for it.
Let’s get down to the deets. What is actually happening in this food processor that takes chickpeas and turns them into THIS. Let’s talk about that, shall we? We’ve got:
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut milk
Bing, bang, bong, (who am I?) throw it all together, blend it up, and you’ve got brownie batter hummus. What to dip said hummus in, you ask? Let’s avoid the usual hummus dippers like carrots and pita bread and instead grab some pretzels (salty and sweet? YAS QUEEN) and strawberries.
I’m also partial to literally eating it by the finger-full plain Jane. If you think I’m kidding, you’re sweet for having faith in my ability to behave like a normal human. Thx.
This brownie batter hummus is AWESOME because:
- It’s refined sugar free
- It’s not overly sweet (I like this quality in desserts)
- It’s a MUCH healthier alternative to your usual chocolate treats
- It cuts your sweet tooth and chocolate craving immediately in a more guilt-free fashion
- It’s delicious and easy to make
5 Minute Brownie Batter Hummus
Made with 4 ingredients and is a fantastic, healthy alternative to your typical chocolate treat!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 tablespoons honey (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon if that’s easier!)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used a mix of regular and special dark [both Hershey’s], but anything would work!)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until super smooth, scraping down the sides a few times throughout.
My favorite dippers for this are strawberries and pretzels!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 239 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!