Less than a month ago I posted a recipe for Chicken Enchiladas with Greek Yogurt Sauce, so I was considering not even posting this recipe to avoid overdoing the enchilada theme…but a few other Army wives and I have to host something called a “Coffee” (no, you don’t have to serve coffee) for some of the other wives. Apparently it’s something that officers’ wives need to know how to do before we get to our next base and go out into the “real world” after BOLC, so they are giving us some practice now so we can learn what goes into it!
One element of a Coffee is food. Usually. We are planning a Valentines themed Coffee and I am making three different appetizers for it. I wanted to do a dip for one of the appetizers, and Enchilada Dip sounded yummy, so I just went from there!
This dip has all the flavors of an Enchilada (plus a few extra goodies) without the tortillas, knife, and fork! It is SUPER easy to make — you just throw everything into a bowl, mix it together, and bake it for 20-30 minutes. Done! Super simple. It uses a mixture of Greek yogurt and cream cheese to lighten it up a bit.
I would recommend using tortilla chips as your dish-to-mouth-avenue, but you can use vegetables as dippers to lighten it up even more; peppers would be yummy!
So ditch the tortillas, grab some chips or veggies, and make this delicious dip!
Here is the recipe:Print
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 cup chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 3/4 cups cream cheese
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 4.5 oz can green chilis, drained
- 1 10 oz can rotel, drained
- 1 10 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 3 green onions
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Shred 1 cup of rotisserie chicken into small pieces
- Slice your green onions
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and stir together until everything is combined
- Transfer to a 7×10 baking dish (if you don’t have that size, it’s no big deal. Don’t go smaller, or it won’t fit, but you can definitely go bigger and just have a thinner dip)
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the edges of the dip are bubbling
- Garnish with extra green onions and cilantro