On Monday I posted a “fifteen minute” recipe, and today I’m posting a “twenty minute” recipe…I guess I got a little carried away with my quick and easy meals this week! I’ll tell you something, though. Neither of these meals taste like they took twenty minutes or less to make.
You know what is an absolutely delicious trio of flavors? I’ll tell you…lemon, parmesan, and garlic. Something about those three together just make anything taste absolutely wonderful. Like this pasta! The garlic and parmesan bring depth and richness, and the lemon makes the dish so bright and fresh. Everything plays off of each other so nicely ???.
Not only does this pasta taste wonderful because of our magic (lemon, parmesan, and garlic) trio, it is also ridiculously easy to make! Cook the pasta, simmer the five ingredient sauce until the pasta is done, and that’s it! So simple. A perfect, quick weeknight dinner.
I do have to tell you, though…I absolutely love this recipe, but I absolutely hate these pictures. Ugh. It pains me to post them right now, but the pasta is good enough to make it worth publishing! It was getting a little dark, and I just don’t like how they turned out. Blech.
Other food bloggers out there? I know you feel me on this right now…it sucks posting pictures that you aren’t totally happy with. But trust me!! The recipe is wonderful ?.
Are you all getting a bunch of snow right now ❄️❄️??☃☃?? I know a lot of areas of the country are getting absolutely POURED (probably not the right word to use for snow) on right now. We got a bunch on Thursday, and school was canceled – woop woop!!
It was a close call though…It about didn’t happen. School wasn’t canceled the night before, so I assumed I would have a text waiting for me when I woke up telling us they called it off. So I woke up, got the text, but they said we WERE going to have school!! I was totally shocked because we had a lot of snow…there was probably five inches on the road outside my house.
They said they would give us another update by seven, so I waited until then to actually get up, realllyyyy hoping they would cancel by that point (I really really HATE driving in snow…it scares me ?). Seven o’clock rolled around, and we got another text saying that school was still on. So, quite sadly, I dragged myself out of bed and got ready. As I was walking to my car, I received another text saying that school would in fact be canceled for the day.
Thank goodness! Better late than never. I was very happy to not have to drive in the snow. Instead I was SUPER productive and just watched New Girl for most of the day.
Yay for snow days and New Girl and lemon, parmesan pasta!Print
20 Minute Lemon Parmesan Pasta
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 7 1x
- 1 box whole wheat angel hair (or other thin pasta)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Bring a pot of seasoned water (it should taste like the ocean) to a boil over high heat
- Cook your pasta until it is al dente
- To make your sauce, melt the butter in a large skillet
- Add your olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and pepper flakes
- Simmer this sauce lightly until your pasta is cooked through
- Drain your pasta
- Add the pasta and parmesan cheese to the sauce and toss to combine
- If your pasta sits out for a while and gets dry, add a little extra olive oil or butter to bring back some of the moisture
In the mood for more quick and easy recipes? Check these out!