These are one of my favorite things in the world. They are healthy, easy, and taste EXACTLY like a ball of cookie dough. And who can disagree that a spoon of cookie dough is one of the best things on this planet?? I love that I can feel like I’m having a hunk of cookie dough when it’s actually a healthy treat.
Huge bonus: my kids love these. They call them treat balls, and they feel like they’re getting this really dessert-y treat even though it’s filled with oats, almond flour, and healthy fats. Such a win!
So, the details. Here’s what’s in these delicious little bites:
- Almond flour
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Peanut butter
It all goes down in the food processor – we start with the oats and pulse those for a bit. Then we add everything else, blend until combined and somewhat of a dough “ball” forms. Scoop with a cookie scoop, roll, and pop in the fridge!
I personally love microwaving these for 8-10 seconds before eating so they are just slightly warm, but that’s just my preference.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bites
You’d never know these tasty bites are healthy – they taste just like a ball of peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough! My favorite.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 20 balls 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, microwaved until just melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- First, add just your oats to your food processor. Blend for about 10 seconds, until the oats have turned into a coarse flour
- To this, add all of your remaining ingredients
- Blend until the mixture is combined and has formed somewhat of a “dough ball”
- Pop the lid off and scoop using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop. Roll into balls with your hands, place in a sealed tupperware, and store in the fridge.
I like to microwave these for 8-10 seconds before eating so they are just slightly warm, but that’s totally personal preference – they are delicious straight from the fridge too!
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 64 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg