Strap in for the SINGLE best roasted potato you will eat in your lifetime. For reals, these things are like a flavor explosion, and that doesn’t happen often with potatoes. Usually potatoes taste like…potatoes!
Which is great, potatoes taste amazing – fried, roasted, mashed – they are bomb in all forms, BUT, they don’t usually contain a lot of flavor aside from the flavor of potato.
But THEEESSSEEEE 👇🏼
These are special. And I’ll tell you why.
- We make a DELICIOUS Italian dressing/sauce that we toss the potatoes in before roasting, so they get lots of flavor from that as it roasts into the potatoes.
- We take the rest of that exact same sauce, and we drizzle it over top of the potatoes when they come out of the oven and toss to combine.
So they are roasted in sauce and then tossed in sauce. Aka – these potatoes do still taste like delicious roasty-toasty potato goodness, but they also taste like pure flavor-bomb Italian heaven.
So, what’s in this sauce that makes these potatoes so amazingly delectable?
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Dijon mustard
So good you guys. Tangy, savory, garlicky, and perfect.
The Best Italian Roasted Potatoes
These delicious Whole 30 potatoes are loaded with flavor from the Italian sauce they are roasted in and then tossed in! A perfect side dish.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 1/2 pounds of small potatoes (fingerling or new potatoes), halved [or quartered if some are larger]
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add your red wine vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning, dijon, and minced garlic to a blender. Blend until combined
- Add your potatoes to a bowl and toss with about 1/2 – 3/4 of the sauce (enough to coat them well) and toss to coat in the bowl
- Dump them out and spread them across your baking sheet and season liberally with salt and pepper
- Roast for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, toss, and roast for another 20
- Broil the potatoes for 2-3 minutes to get a little extra golden brown on top, and then remove from the oven
- Drizzle the rest of the sauce over the potatoes, toss to combine, and season to taste with salt!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of potatoes
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 21 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and tag @thegarlicdiaries so I can see!