Christmas treats! One of my favorite things about this season is making super fun, yummy little holiday goodies. There’s just something about it that feels so seasonal and fun, not to mention Christmas flavors are the bomb.com, man. Things like peppermint and hot chocolate – it all just makes me a happy camper!
I’ve been in Christmas mode for a while now, but I’ve had to be covert about it. My husband is a hardcore “no Christmas until after Thanksgiving” person, so I try to go with him on that instead of shoving Christmas down everyone’s throats from Halloween on like I’d actually like to be doing. Marriage is all about compromise, right?
Anywho, ever since the weather got super cold here in like early/mid November, it has felt Christmasy to me, so I am PUMPED that December is finally here and we can celebrate in full. With things like these Peppermint Bark Pretzel dips!
There are two “best things” about these pretzels:
- Sweet and salty, baby. Sweeeettt aaaaannddd salty. The combo of sweet and salty is SERIOUSLY hard to beat, friends. What is it about sweet and salty that is just so dang good? I really can’t explain it, but something about the salt from those pretzels + the sweetness from the peppermint bark just makes your taste buds the happiest of all time. Love it – SO MUCH.
- The peppermint bark. Peppermint bark has GOT to be the ultimate Christmas treat. I – am – obsessed. I make it every single year without fail in one form or another. Whether it be straight up Peppermint Bark, Peppermint Bark Oreo Pops, Peppermint Bark Christmas Crunch, or these pretzels, it’s goin’ DOWN in my kitchen, peeps. It’s smooth, it’s sweet, it has a freshness from the peppermint, and it’s just heaven in every way.
You can tackle these all by yourself, but they are a bit time consuming since you are just dipping each individual pretzel. They are much more fun to make with a group helpers, but aren’t all Christmas treats? That’s one of the fun things about making holiday goodies – when several of you crowd around with a mug of hot chocolate and make them together. So grab your crew, make some peppermint bark, and get dipping!
Happy Christmas season, everyone!Print
Peppermint Bark Pretzel Dips
- Yield: About 50 (more depending on how thorough you are using every last bit of chocolate) 1x
- 11 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 big bag of pretzels
- Peppermint candy, crushed
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. When they are about half way melted, stir in your peppermint extract
- Lay out a large sheet of parchment paper, and dip each pretzel about 3/4 of the way into the melted peppermint bark. Tap the pretzel against the side of the bowl until the excess chocolate has dripped off, and lay the pretzel on the parchment paper. Every several pretzels, sprinkle over crushed peppermint pieces before the chocolate has set
- Let the chocolate set on the pretzels and then store them in a large ziplock bag. The chocolate will take a while to harden all the way – I make mine in the evening and let them set overnight!
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
In the mood for other Christmas goodies? Check these out:
Peppermint Bark Christmas Crunch
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Single Serving Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Leave a Reply