Welcome to the easy-lunch game, winner: soba noodles loaded with fresh veggies and coated with creamy, flavor BOMB peanut sauce. I could totes devour this for lunch every single day and not be one little bit sad about it, peeps. Not to mention it is best room temperature or cold, so it’s perfect for an on the go lunch slash a pull out of fridge and immediately eat directly from Tupperware with fork situation (👋 hello daily noon routine).
These delicious bowls start out with soba noodles (also known as buckwheat noodles), which are a much healthier alternative to regular pasta. They have a quick cook time so are ready by the time you finish chopping your veggies. Stir those veggies into your noodles and drizzle your addicting peanut sauce on top – HEAVEN!
The peanut sauce couldn’t be easier to make either. Here’s what we’ve got:
- Soy sauce
- Peanut butter
- Lime juice
- Garlic powder
- Ginger powder
^^^Stir those together and get drizzlin’, yo. There will be enough for you to coat the noodles plus save a little to drizzle on your leftovers when you need more sauce.
These bowls are tender and hearty from the noodles, crisp and fresh from the raw veggies, and creamy, savory, and bursting with flavor from the sauce. It’s the perfectly balanced lunch bowl that will leave you satisfied the rest of your day. So much love from me here.
Alright peeps, I’m going to cut this one a little short because I’m about to head to Hobby Lobby to scope out their decorations for Ford’s birthday party next week. It’s dinosaur themed (little boys are THE CUTEST), so Ima see what they’ve got that we can potentially use.
And hopefully not spend ten thousand dollars because #HobbyLobby. You feel me on that? No? I KNOW I’m not the only one out there who has trouble not spending their entire paycheck on Hobby Lobby decorations…especially when fall and Christmas roll around. Slash when a new baby rolls around…Ford’s entire nursery is decorated with Hobby Lobby, and you best believe this next baby’s nursery will follow suit. What can I say? IMA FAN.Print
Loaded Veggie Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- 8 oz soba noodles (also known as buckwheat noodles)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- A few dashes Sriracha
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your soba noodles according to package instructions
- While your noodles boil, slice and chop all your veggies. Add all of your sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk until totally combined and smooth
- When the noodles are done, drain them in a colander and rinse them with cold water until the noodles are room temperature or cool
- Add your noodles to a bowl and toss in your veggies. Sauce the noodles to taste – I used most of the sauce but not all of it so I could have some extra to drizzle on the leftover noodles
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 411 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
In the mood for more yummy Asian noodle recipes? Check these out: