You guys. I have made tons of Instant Pot recipes since I got it as a Christmas gift this past year, but – let me tell you – this is by far the easiest. It literally requires no work…unless you call searing a piece of meat in the Instant Pot and then dumping two jars of Italian goodness on top “work,” becaauussee I don’t. It’s a zero effort prep…craziness.
The jar of pepperoncinis and giardiniera we throw in there with the beef does allllll the flavor work for us here, and it’s glorious. The vinegar makes the beef so nice and tender and juicy, while the pickling liquid and veggies themselves add so much flavor!
This beef is:
- Loaded with delicious veggies
- SO flavorful
- SOOOO easy it’s not even fair
This entire recipe is literally three ingredients…three. The beef roast, the pepperoncinis, and the giardiniera. If you’ve never heard of giardiniera before, you’re probs wondering what this crazy word that I keep throwing around is. Basically giardiniera is just a jar of Italian pickled veggies. Usually cauliflower, carrots, and peppers, but it varies per brand. I used Delallo for both the pepperoncinis and the giardiniera, but you can use whatevs.
That’s it though…one big chunk of meat and two big jars of Italian deliciousness. Sear, dump, and cook for an hour. YOU DUN.
Then you pull it out, shred it (which is uber easy since it’s fall-apart tender), spoon some extra juice into the meat, and eat however your preference suits you in that moment. Plain? Sure. On a sandwich with a side of the cooking liquid as a “jus”? Um, of course. Over mashed potatoes? YASSS.
devoured this like uncivilized humans ate the beef in all of the above mentioned ways, and we were large fans of all three.
Life updates since we haven’t chatted in like a week:
- My tiny baby is turning one in less than a month. What. Why. He can’t be one, he’s still so tiny and squishy.
- Above mentioned baby is cutting molars this week…aka WOW BABIES HATE CUTTING MOLARS. Lots of cranky baby moments but lots of cuteness too, per usual.
- Seth and I bought our plane tickets for our anniversary trip to Vegas, which is happening over the 4th of July. Super excited! My brother and sister in law live there, so it’s a double dip of anniversary trip + visiting fam. Also there’s an all you can eat sushi place…which is basically the sole reason why Vegas is one of my favorite places. Weird? Maybe. I love sushi, tho…#food.
- During bored moments of down time, I’ve been binge watching old episodes of One Tree Hill. That show is the height of cheesy and lame, but I also love it with a nostalgic passion like nobody’s BIZ-NISS.
- Second trimester preggo tiredness has been at an all time high (I’m always the most tired in my second trimester…strange but true). So I’ve been napping during Ford’s first nap and drinking ALL THE COFFEE. By all the coffee I mean every single tiny milligram I’m allowed while pregnant.
And that’s basically it. Have a wonderful week, friends! Eat this beef and enjoy every juicy second of it!
Instant Pot Italian Beef
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 2.5 – 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 25 oz jar pepperoncini
- 1 25 oz jar giardiniera
- Basil, optional garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot on saute (high level)
- Sear your beef roast on both sides in a little olive oil until it has a brown crust
- To your seared beef, add your jars of giardiniera and pepperoncini (juice and all, don’t drain the jars)
- Close the lid, seal the vent, and cook on manual high pressure for 1 hour. Quick release the pressure, remove the meat to a cutting board, and shred it using two forks.
- Add the shredded meat to a bowl along with any veggies left over in the Instant Pot. Ladle as much of the juice from the Instant Pot to the beef as you would like. I would recommend saving at least a portion of the juice (cooking liquid) from the Instant Pot to add to the beef as you eat it as leftovers!
- Yummy ways to eat this beef: all by itself, over mashed potatoes, on a sandwich using the cooking liquid as a “jus” (dipping liquid)
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 64 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
In the mood for more yummy Instant Pot recipes? Check these out: