Delivering lovingly to your doorstep: the easiest and most flavor bomb meal EVA. Seriously, the amount of flavor loaded into these tomatoes in unreal – it’s like biting into soft morsels of sweet, savory, aromatic, rich tomato goodness. Heaven.
On top of being absolutely mouthwatering, this one pan chicken dish is crazy, crazy easy. It’s basically a sear, two minute saute, and oven roast. Boom. DINNA TIME.
Here’s the ingredients invited to our simple little Italian dinner party here:
- Balsamic Vinegar
Boo-yaaaaa, love me some 5 ingredient dinners, fam. We use my favorite chicken cooking technique: 3 minute sear on each side, 8-10 mins in the oven. So the chicken gets a good, hard sear on each side, it’s removed from the pan, the tomatoes and garlic + some olive oil and salt/pepper go in there and cook for a minute. In goes our balsamic and basil, and we cook that all together just until some of the tomatoes are starting to split and burst – takes minutes!
Then our chicken breasts join the party again and sit on top of those yummy little tomatoes, and the whole pan goes into the oven at 425 for a 10 minute roast.
The pan comes out of the oven, and we pull the chicken off to rest but leave the tomatoes there to hang out in the hot pan for 5 or so minutes until the chicken is done resting. Plate the chicken, spoon as many tomatoes as you can possibly fit on and around each chicken breast, and please – FOR THE LOVE OF GOD – spoon out every single last bit of the saucy goodness left behind. That’s a mixture of balsamic that has reduced in the hot pan, moisture from the tomatoes that has been released + tons of flavor from the garlic and basil. AKA – it’s heaven.
WATCH how to make this delicious chicken below!
One Pan Balsamic Tomato Chicken
This whole 30, paleo, and keto one pan meal is loaded with the most amazing flavor and is done in under half an hour!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves, sliced and divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium high heat (cast iron is perfect for this!) with some olive oil
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, and when your pan is hot, add your chicken. Sear for 3 minutes per side and then remove the chicken to a plate
- During your 6 minute sear, mince your garlic, slice your basil, and get your balsamic and tomatoes out and ready
- When you’ve removed the chicken to a plate after it’s done searing, lower the heat to medium, add more olive oil, and add your tomatoes and garlic + salt and pepper to the pan. Let this cook, stirring often, for about a minute, adding more oil as needed if the pan gets dry. After the minute(ish) add your balsamic vinegar
- Cook, stirring often, until some of the tomatoes have started to split open or burst
- At this point, stir in half of your fresh basil, add your chicken breasts back to the pan on top of the tomato mixture, and roast the whole thing in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven after 10 minutes and remove the chicken to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Leave the tomatoes in the hot pan for that rest time – it’ll give extra time for them to cook down a little bit more + the flavors to further marry
- To serve, plate the chicken and then spoon tomatoes and pan sauce over top. Top with your remaining half of the fresh sliced basil.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast + 1/3 of tomatoes and sauce
- Calories: 337
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 157 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 73 g
- Cholesterol: 132 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram @thegarlicdiaries so I can see!