Another HUGE Instant Pot win! This mojo pork is life giving. Pork shoulder is one of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot because it takes SO MUCH LESS time than a low and slow oven roast, and it is unbelievably juicy, tender, and delicious.
The way I make pork in the Instant Pot most often is with my Carnitas recipe, but this Mojo Pork might just be my new fave. And it is super simple!
Here is who’s invited to the Instant Pot party:
- Pork shoulder (obvi)
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
That’s it! Cut the pork into chunks, sear it, add the sauce mixture in, and cook for 45 minutes on high pressure! Shred, add back to the sauce, and serve from there! If you want to go even more authentic Cuban, serve this with rice and beans! The combo of all three together is DELICIOUS. Seriously can’t be beat!
You guys seriously need to give this one a try. It’ll be an easy meal that will brighten your day during this crazy time! Any way we can bring some sunshine to our day, I’m totally down for ❤️.
Cooking fun things and looking forward to what you’re making for dinner is a great way to bring some positivity and variety to the groundhog-day-like situation we are in right now. Can anyone relate to that movie like I can right now? 😂
It feels like a lot of the same over and over and over and over again, so fun dinners like this give some much needed variety! As I say this, I haven’t gone grocery shopping for the week yet and I’m out of meal planned groceries……so we will be either having turkey and cheese sandwiches or ramen for dinner tonight…… Be different from me, plan better, and have fun meals 🙂.
I hope you guys are having a wonderful week, and happy early Easter!!Print
Instant Pot Mojo Pork
A huge weeknight dinner win! This whole 30, paleo, and keto approved pork is flavorful and impossibly tender and juicy – super delicious served with rice and beans!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10–12 servings 1x
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds of pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 3 oranges, zest from 1, juice from all 3 (1/3 cup of orange juice)
- 4 limes, zest from 2, juice from all 4 (1/3 cup of lime juice)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Slice your pork shoulder into fist size-ish chunks and season with your salt + 2 teaspoons of the cumin. Rub the salt and cumin around evenly into the pork
- Turn the Instant Pot onto saute mode and let it heat up for a few minutes. Add some high heat oil (avocado or coconut will work) and sear your pork in batches until it has browned on multiple sides
- While the pork is browning, add your orange zest and juice, lime zest and juice, oregano, garlic, and the remaining 2 teaspoons of cumin into a bowl and stir to combine
- When your last batch of pork has browned, turn the Instant Pot off, add all the pork back to the Instant Pot, and pour your sauce over top, making sure you scrape all the zest and seasoning out of the bowl if any has sunk to the bottom
- Give the pork + sauce a quick toss with your tongs, seal the lid, and cook on manual high pressure for 45 minutes
- When the 45 minutes are up, quick release the pressure. Remove the pork chunk by chunk, shred it on a cutting board with 2 forks, and add the shredded pork back to the sauce. Repeat until all the pork is shredded (you can shred it while it’s in the pot, but I find it’s easier to remove and shred)
- Keep the shredded pork in the sauce while you serve it/store the leftovers in the sauce. Keeps it super moist and flavorful!
I LOVE serving this with rice and beans and sprinkling fresh cilantro over top!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup of meat
- Calories: 348
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 487 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 97 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and tag @thegarlicdiaries so I can see!
Mike Wright says
Oh its look good, I think I should try :)