Let me tell you a tale.
A tale of my internet struggle this week.
I have had multiple recipes ready to post all week and haven’t been able to because my internet has been completely out. So you would think “why not just stay at work and post?” I tried this as well. Conveniently, every time I had extra time at work (before and after school) and tried to post, the internet went out here too. I wouldn’t be surprised if it went out in the middle of writing this post.
Keep your fingers crossed!
The internet dude came over to our house yesterday and, after a sufficient mauling of licks and headbutts from Boone, fixed our internet. It was a problem with our modem…or something like that.
And he got our bill knocked down by ten bucks! Woop! Apparently the bundle package (included a phone line) that was “cheaper” actually wasn’t cheaper.
So all around it was worth it!
Aaannyway…all that to say, I am sorry it has been so long since my last post! I tried! I triiieeeddd.
This sandwich is worth the wait though, I promise :).
So my last post was a quesadilla (burgerdilla, actually), and this post is a sandwich?!
The two hardest things to photograph!
I didn’t even realize I was doing this to myself. But it’s okay. It is very tasty.
Turkey, apples, and brie cheese are so delicious together. Throw some tangy mayonnaise on top of that trio along with a big pile of fresh, crisp arugula?
Seriously, seriously good.
The different layers of texture in this sandwich all meld perfectly together – the slight crunch from the toasted bread, the fresh crisp from the arugula and apples, the creaminess from the brie cheese and mayonnaise, and the tender bite from the moist turkey breast.
Sandwich heaven, people. SANDWICH HEAVEN.
So remember about a month ago when I was telling you about Boone’s broken toe and horrible (no surprise there) trip to the vet? We took him in for a followup last week to see if his little toe-zie was better. Nope.
Poor baby. This means another four weeks of strict rest…meaning no frisbee. He is very upset.
He is taking out his feelings on any items around the house that he can possibly chew. Before this injury he was not a chewer! He almost never chewed up anything, and now it’s like chewing is his burning passion in life.
New running shoes? Done. Shredded.
New jeans? Yeah. Nope. Shredded.
GLASSES?!?! Chewed and ruined.
The list goes on. I was able to do surgery and partially fix Seth’s running shoes. They aren’t pretty…but they work….ish.
He is just so dang bored! A big, high energy dog like that with ZERO exercise for 1 month = destruction.
I hope you all make this yummy sandwich and love, love, LOVE it!!!
*Note: the sandwich is photographed with red apples, but I highly recommend using Granny Smith instead. It gives the sandwich more tang and acidity, which it needs to cut the creaminess of the Brie :)*
- 1 loaf good quality, pre-sliced french sandwich bread
- 3-4 granny smith apples
- 1 8oz package of Brie cheese, sliced into thin strips (I like to remove the rind that is on the top and bottom of the cheese, just so you aren't getting too much of it. This way the rind will only be around the edge)
- ½ pound thick cut turkey breast (fresh from the deli counter)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Toast your slices of bread lightly in the toaster
- Slice your granny smith apples, set aside
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar
- To assemble the sandwich, spread about a tablespoon of mayo (more or less depending on preference) onto one slice of bread, next add your slices of brie, your turkey, and your apples. Finish with some arugula and the top slice of bread
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
In the mood for more yummy sandwich recipes? Check these out: