Y’all – these are legit THE best turkey burgers. Turkey burgers (and sometimes burgers in general!) can be a little blah or boring. I love adding fun variety to burgers – there is SO much you can do with them! But this is probably my favorite version I’ve had to date.
If you’ve never had a Banh Mi, they are often characterized by pickled carrot (and usually radish too), jalapeno, cilantro, cucumber, and lettuce. And then the meat! There’s a Banh Mi restaurant here that has all kinds of super fun variations – they are seriously some of my favorite things to eat!
On THIS delicious turkey burger in particular, here’s what we’ve got goin’ for us:
- The bun – we used a delicious brioche bun for these, but you can use anything
- The patty – it’s seasoned with ground ginger, garlic powder, and salt, formed into patties, and grilled
- Cucumber ribbons – made with a peeler, super easy!
- Pickled carrot – cut into matchsticks and pickled in rice vinegar, sugar, and pepper flakes
- Sweet chili mayo! My favorite part. All it is is mayo and sweet chili sauce mixed together. It adds a DELICIOUS sweet and creamy element
- Lots and lots of fresh cilantro
- Fresh sliced jalapeno (omit if you ain’t about dat heat)
This combo is too good for words – seriously.Print
This delicious turkey burger is inspired by the classic banh mi! It has sweet chili mayo, pickled carrots, a tender turkey patty, and some other fresh toppings to form the most delicious bite!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 burgers 1x
For the patties
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6–8 buns, toasted (we used brioche buns from Aldi, and they were super yummy with this!)
For the toppings:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 hot house cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- Romaine lettuce
- Cilantro, chopped
- Fresh jalapeno, sliced
For the patties
- Combine the meat, salt, and seasonings until everything is well mixed together. Form into patties. Depending on how big you want them, you’ll end up with about 6-8 patties (we had 7!)
- Grill until cooked through
For the sweet chili mayo
- Combine the mayo and sweet chili sauce + a little bit of salt. Stir to combine and set aside until ready.
For the pickled carrots
- Bring the rice vinegar, sugar, and pepper flakes to a boil in a small pot. Boil for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add your sliced carrots to a mason jar or a tupperware, cover with the mixture you’ve been boiling, and pickle for at least 1 hour
- Start with a toasted bun. Spread a big dollop of sweet chili mayo on each bun (this is my favorite part, so I’m pretty liberal with it!)
- From there, pile everything else on! Your patty, a leaf of romaine lettuce, some cucumber ribbons, pickled carrots, cilantro, and jalapeno. Top with your other bun and devour!
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 595 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 96 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and tag @thegarlicdiaries so I can see!