Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
I hope you are all having the most wonderful day, spending time with loved ones, not working, and eating lots and lots of yummy food! Ironically, I am not the biggest fan of Thanksgiving food, and I really don’t like turkey, so eat an extra helping of everything to make up for my lacking plate ?.
One reason why I love this holiday so much is because it reminds us to think about what we are thankful for. It is Thanksgiving, after all! I feel like we can be so negative sometimes, especially with the recent election and everyone’s feelings about the results (I don’t know about you, but my Facebook has been CRAY), so Thanksgiving is needed a little bit extra this year to remind us to focus on the good, focus on what we have, and focus on the blessings in our life and be thankful for all of those things.
I’m thankful for SO many things this year…
- My wonderful husband. I still am not quite sure how I nabbed him – he is just the best thing ever.
- My family. I’m even extra thankful for my family this year after my brother and sister-in-law got based at Fort Riley where Seth and I are! That was seriously a dream come true, and it is still surreal to be seven minutes (yes seven, I have clocked it ?) away from their house.
- My jobs. Teaching has been such an unforeseen blessing in my life. After college, I never thought that I would actually end up teaching, but I am so glad that I found my little school here, and I love every day of it. And, of course, blogging! My other job. Never in a
hundred thousandmillion years would I have ever imagined that my career would be cooking and writing about food. And the fact that I make more blogging than I do at my full-time job? It seems impossible, and it makes my head spin on a regular basis.
- Our friends. Seth I have been through a lot this year so far with our miscarriage, but we have amazing friends who have been so supportive, uplifting, and present throughout that hardship. Relationships are deepened when you walk through hard times together, and that proved to be so true this year.
- A BILLION other things that would take your entire Thanksgiving day to read, so I’ll stop with that.
I really hope that you sit back today while in your food coma and think about all the blessings in your life and all the things you are thankful for. You guys, my internet frands, are some of my favorite people ever, and I love that I get to come on here and ramble about food and random-life-stuff all week. You da best ❤️.
That is really attention-grabbing, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and sit up for in search of extra of your excellent post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks.
Happy After Thanksgiving!!
You are simply the cutest!! Have a feeling that 2017 will be the BEST year for you and your family.