How To: The Perfect Soft Boiled Egg
- Eggs (doesn’t matter how many – it can be as little as one or as many as you can fit in a single layer along the bottom of your pot)
- Water (enough to fill your pot up about an inch or two)
- In your pot, add about an inch or two of water and bring to a boil
- When boiling, place your eggs in an even layer across the bottom
- Immediately place a lid onto your pot and set a timer for 6 minutes
- When the six minutes are up, drain the eggs and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process until they have cooled down to at least room temperature (or set them in a bowl of ice water to cool)
- If using immediately, go ahead and peel. If saving until later, keep the shells on!