Yesssss, yes, and YES to all the pesto. I love making fun and different pestos! Whether it be with different herbs or greens or something even more unique like this roasted carrot pesto, they are all SO GOOD.
This one has lots of cozy fall notes with the roasted carrot flavor so present in the pesto.
So here’s what’s goin’ on in here:
- Roasted carrots
- Parm (omit if whole30 or paleo)
- Olive oil
- A squeeze of lemon
The carrots are earthy and slightly sweet, the basil is floral and fragrant, the almonds add some texture and richness, and the bright lemon cuts some of the sweet roasted carrot flavor. SO GOOD YOU GUYS.
So, what to put this on? Anything and everything. Grilled chicken, roasted steak, a baked potato, pita bread, raw veggies, crackers, a spoon, LITERALLY ANYTHING DIPPABLE.
Get creative, or just be lazy and eat it plain – it has roasted veggies, so you’re extra allowed to just spoon directly from the tupperware 😏. I won’t tell if you don’t.Print
Roasted Carrot Pesto
A delicious pesto great on grilled meat or as a dip for veggies! Whole30 and paleo adaptable!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 5 carrots, peeled and diced into large chunks
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (omit if whole 30 or paleo)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place your carrots on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss, and roast for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and relatively fork tender. Let the carrots cool
- To your food processor, add your cooled carrots and all other ingredients (except for olive oil and water) and season with salt and pepper
- Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped and then, with your food processor on, drizzle in the olive oil and then the water until it’s reached the consistency you want!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 65 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and tag @thegarlicdiaries so I can see!