I have totally talked about fall too much lately. It has been mentioned heavily in my last three or four posts…I’M SORRY FOR MY OBSESSION. Not only is it my obsession, but Seth and I were in Colorado this past weekend visiting friends, which means I wasn’t able to cook blog food, which means I have no recipes to post because nothing is photographed.
So….Fall Bucket Lists!
Whenever I see these on Pinterest, they always give me the warm fuzzies. Fall is just the best, and the things that you do in fall are just the besssttt. Making this bucket list seriously put me in the happiest mood. And you better believe that the DAY fall technically starts (September 22nd in case you were wondering), I will be ticking off the items on this list as quickly and awesomely as possible while
sipping chugging Pumpkin Spice Lattes. (I may or may not have completed several items on this list already….I CAN’T BE HELPED.)
On that note, I bring you my Fall Bucket List (so happy)!
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Make caramel apples with homemade caramel
- Stroll around a park that is covered in thousands of fallen leaves
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Sit around a bonfire
- Drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Decorate my front door/the front of my house
- Make chicken pot pie
- Paint pumpkins
- Open all the windows in my house on a crisp day
- Bake an apple pie
- Cook a new pumpkin recipe
- Make pumpkin pancakes
- Use my crockpot like crazy
- Go on walks in the morning or early evening
- Make chili
- Wear long flannel shirts with boots
- Go to a farmers market
- Buy fall scented candles
- Make an autumn simmer pot
OH my goodness, it ended up turning out to be an even twenty, and I didn’t even count them before I started this post. That is so satisfying. And here’s a nifty little checklist version so we can do all of these and check them off together YASSSS.
Now, of course, I need to make comments about several of these.
- The caramel apples…I have made caramel apples a billion and one times in my life, but I have NEVER made them with homemade caramel. But ever since I saw someone else do it in a Food Network magazine (❤️) a few years ago, I have been DYING to try it. Why haven’t I yet? Well, I have been known to ruin any dessert/baking adventure that I set out on, so I’ve been afraid. But this is the year!
- Pumpkin pancakes….these Pumpkin Maple Pancakes with Brown Sugar Spiced Walnuts to be exact…😍🍁🍂😍🍁🍂
- Decorate the front of my house…I have wanted to do this for forever, but I’ve never had a house until this year! Well, technically we had one last year, but it was super tiny and Seth was deployed so I didn’t really feel like decorating it. BUT, this year we have a way nicer house, and Seth is home…Hobby Lobby, get ready for me. I’m cominatcha hard in a few weeks.
- Painting pumpkins…have you seen this on Pinterest? It’s so cool and such a fun variation from the traditional carving. If you haven’t seen it, search “Painted Pumpkins” on Pinterest and die of fall-y happiness. I’ve been wanting to try it out for a while, so hopefully I’ll get around to it this year!
- Opening all the windows on a fall day. Do you guys know what I mean when I say it smells good outside during fall? Maybe you think I’m super cray, but I feel like fall has a scent. It’s crisp and fresh and just smells like outside. It’s one of my favorite smells in the world, and when you open up your windows, the smell fills your house. Which is THA best.
- Bake an apple pie…see number 1…things might get sketchy based on my lack of baking abilities…but I CAN DO IT.
- Last but not least…the autumn simmer pot. You might be wondering what in the world that is. Basically all you do is throw a bunch of fall scented things into a pot with water, let it simmer, and it fills your house with the most comforting and glorious smell of all time. Examples: cinnamon sticks, apple peels, orange peels, cloves, vanilla, nutmeg.
Just because I only had special comments about seven of these does not mean I am not equally excited about all of them…I am restraining myself pretty hard right now from sprinting to the nearest store, buying out all their flannel, and knocking out all these items in one evening while simultaneously cooking all the fall recipes and drinking all the fall beverages…STRUG.
Well, this has officially been the happiest post I’ve ever written.
FALL 4EVA 🍁🍂🍃🍁🍂🍃